Tuesday, May 21, 2013

What in the World?

So there are a few things that Japanese people do that is SOOOOO strange. For one, they have the same safety regulations for car seats that we have but they rarely follow the rules. There are children sitting on people's laps, sitting in the front seat (they have airbags) and there are children who are basically running rampant around inside the cars. I even saw a baby (which couldn't have been much older than Colton) with her head hanging out the window like a dog. She was smiling, but what do they do if they get in a car accident? I really hope I NEVER get into an accident with someone who doesn't have their kid buckled up in the back seat because there is a very good chance the child will get hurt! I hate it and I think they are nuts!

Another thing is that, although we live in an apartment building, you can't put your garbage downstairs until it is garbage day. They make a separate balcony just for your garbage! Of course Jason is concerned about bugs so we tie up our bags VERY tightly and put them in a secure trash bin. He had to get an air tight container for regular garbage and  a blue bin for recyclables. I agree with him that we don't want to get bugs, but Miki said that it is not a problem as long as you bring your garbage down on the days you are supposed to. There are 3 times a week they pick up trash. So far - no bugs! PS - its amazing how clean the garbage bin is! I swear someone cleans it out after they pick up the trash.

These are the ones I could think of at this moment. I'm sure there will be an update to this blog as time goes by.

No comments:

Post a Comment