Monday, August 12, 2013

South Eastern Botanical Gardens


I just don't think it gets much more beautiful than this! This botanical garden was the most beautiful one I've seen. I've seen a lot of botanical gardens given my love for plants. It was super early in the morning (this place actually opened at a normal time) so it was extremely quiet and peaceful here. There were misquitos and Jason and I both got bit a bunch. I think I have Hepatitis B and Jason thinks he has Malaria, so just another normal day here on the island. Colton, luckily, didn't get any.

There were 2 sides to the gardens. A water side and a jungle side. The water side put the other to shame. Both are beautiful, but the water gardens with the lotus flowers that were way bigger than your head were something I would never want to miss.


Almost like fields and fields of them, but this was all just a big pond! We even saw a swan down underneath them just cleaning himself and minding his own business.

Look out for these! Banana Spiders. They are poisonous and huge. This picture does not do it justice. They were everywhere. Needless to say when we left we felt like we had them all over us.

Here is the non-water side. Very pretty but I think I didn't like it as much because there were even more of the banana spiders on this side.

 
And again, someone was all tuckered out, so home we went.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment